Specialist / Associate Scientist I Downstream Process Development (m/f/d)
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of multiple activities linked to DSP development in line with expected such as:
– Buffer Preparation for own project or to support others;
– Column Packing for own project or to support others;
– Running FPLC equipment;
– Running TFF equipment.
- Participate in the planning of DSP process development operations according to project timelines;
- Contribute to experimental design and protocol drafting;
- Perform results analysis and report drafting;
- Undertake activities that contribute to the running of the department e.g. equipment ownership and maintenance, documentation;
- Develop an area of technical expertise e.g. equipment, system superuser;
- Participate in equipment’s maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Contribute to method improvements, writing and update of operating procedures;
- Attend cross functional meetings;
- Actively participate in scientific discussions;
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the team/department.
- Build strong relationships and a collaborative network with cross functional teams;
- Support and contribute to day to day running of work environment (deliveries, consumables, waste).
Education & Languages
- Technical degree in biotech process sciences or similar field;
- Fluency in English essential both oral and written, French would be an asset.
Professional Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars Industry with demonstrated track record in Downstream processing for biologics;
- Technical and scientific experience across the Downstream development technics including buffer preparation, column packing, running FLPC and TFF systems;
- Experience in Liquid Handling System or other High Throughput DSP equipment would be desirable.
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail, in a highly organized manner;
- Able to work with minimal supervision and organise own time;
- Able to notice and report anomalies in data and execution;
- Escalate issues in a timely fashion (technical);
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot;
- Flexibility to switch between projects if necessary and respond appropriately to unplanned events;
- Shows initiative / proactive mind-set;
- Team worker and maintaining a highly motivating working atmosphere;
- Willing and able to take responsibility for own actions and decisions within own discipline;
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively.