Senior Product Security Engineer (m/f/d)
The Senior Product Security Engineer provides technical expertise and supports the development teams in identifying and resolving known and unknown vulnerabilities associated with FMCRTG (FMC Renal Therapies Group) medical devices. This role serves as a key core team member in developing cybersecurity risk analyses for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis products.
- Drive cybersecurity maturity of products and R&D group practices
- Drive a role-based cybersecurity competency plan for product development stakeholders
- Deployment and enforcement of a Secure Development Lifecyle program
- Lead a Security Advisor Community focused on Secure Development Lifecycle practices within the product development lifecycle
- Monitor cybersecurity standards and regulations worldwide, influence to align with Fresenius Medical Care direction, prepare the business for compliance in adequate time and ensure documented compliance of offers
- Ensure that the products from Fresenius Medical Care meet the customer expectations and are compliant with emerging worldwide cybersecurity regulations
- Support development projects and security advisors as a point of escalation, with authority to hold product development stage gate advancement or product release if security targets are not met
- Manage vulnerabilities and incidents for released products to ensure swift resolution of issues
- Lead cybersecurity assessments of partners and technology providers
- Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering or scientific discipline required; Advanced Degree desirable
- More than 5 years’ related experience
- CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, or equivalent security certification desired
- Experience with IEC62443 and ISO/IEC27001 lead auditor a plus
- Knowledge of medical devices
- Knowledge and understating of Medical Device Regulation, Quality, and Design Controls (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 13485, ISO14971, ISO17025, UL 2900, FDA 21 CFR 820.30) a plus
- Demonstrated technical writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges
- Proven record to deliver results
Working@Global Research & Development (GRD)
Our aim in GRD: Global research. We work together with strong partners and start-ups. An inspiring environment awaits you with the freedom that you need. Over 1200 colleagues from different disciplines work in international teams.
The Bad Homburg site
This is where everything comes together – most of the R&D activities take place at our sites in Schweinfurt and Bad Homburg. In Bad Homburg, medical professionals work side-by-side with software specialists, business economists and engineers in interdisciplinary teams to develop new innovations. The company headquarters is also located in Bad Homburg. A total of 3,500 employees work in different companies at the location.
Contribute to our work and use your knowledge to improve the quality of life of patients. Thanks to our work, dialysis patients can look to the future with confidence today. The demand for modern dialysis processes is increasing globally – for us, this means that we are growing.
Let’s work together: inquisitive and with high demands for quality.
Global Research & Development (GRD)