(Senior) Director – Head of Compensation and Benefits Global Functions (m/f/d)
In line with the People Strategy of Fresenius Medical Care (“FMC”) the Leadership Compensation group manages global compensation and benefits (“C&B”) matters across our multiple business regions and divisions. Due to the ongoing globalization within the functions such as Medical, Finance, IT, Legal and Compliance (the “Global Functions”) FMC is looking for a (Senior) Director (m/f/d) who will be responsible to manage all C&B aspects for the Global Functions.
Reporting to the global Head of Leadership Compensation this position will be located in our headquarters in Bad Homburg. Besides the task at hand, the exchange with our global HR and C&B leaders as well as the possibility to shape our C&B processes globally, make this position specifically interesting.
Take on responsibility and help us to further drive excellence within our human resource organization globally and as part of a dynamic team in a global environment!
- Oversee compensation and benefits (“C&B”) related matters globally for the Global Functions such as Medical, Finance, IT, Legal and Compliance
- Act as primary point of contact for HR Business Partners and managers of the Global Functions with regards to C&B
- Design, plan and oversee the implementation and administration of compensation policies, guidelines and procedures within the Global Functions, while ensuring alignment with global and regional/local requirements and specifics
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures
- Monitor pay levels and structures internally and externally to establish and maintain equitable pay levels and competitive salary structures
- Provide guidance for structuring new hire offers, promotions and other pay adjustments, transfers as well as concrete proposals
- Design, develop and deliver communication and training to all levels of management as well as HR within the Global Functions on compensation strategies, objectives, and the features of the compensation programs; this includes providing tools and techniques to ensure that plan objectives are met and consistently applied
- Collaborate with various departments / stakeholders on a global scale to develop and ensure effective execution of C&B matters
- Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, law, psychology or social sciences
- In-depth HR expertise with special focus on compensation and benefits
- Know-how in the development of compensation systems (e.g. job evaluation, grading frameworks, pay ranges, policies, etc.)
- Several years of work experience in an HR function of a large multinational corporation or specialized HR consultancy
- Ideally several years of work experience in a senior compensation and benefits consultant role
- Know-how of total compensation practices: compensation and benefits strategies, theories, best practices, and regulations
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact
- Flexible with the ability to manoeuvre through ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical skills combined with effective interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and drive for continuous improvement
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) is a must; experience with Workday is a plus
- Fluent in English is a must; German is a plus