Manager Engineering System Operations (m/f/d)
Engineering System Operations (ESO) drives the development and implementation of enterprise-level strategies that enable our product development teams to improve product quality and reliability. The team is also responsible for identifying and implementing new capabilities (tools/methods/processes) to enable more efficient and effective development processes.
- Manage operational efforts through subordinates, constructs strong framework of knowledge and processes with the intent of building robust product development system
- Manage the effort of building an ESO organization and provides expertise to the rest of the organization for capability deployment and operation
- Deploy and utilizes staff across a wide variety of research, product concept, and development activities
- Develop effective cross-functional relationships with R&D, sustaining engineering and site management to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Provide direct support, training and guidance through subordinates embedded within product development teams, with a focus on efficiency
- Ensure consistent implementation of tools & methodologies while adhering to quality and compliance requirements
- Drive usage (“run mode”) of engineering capabilities specifically to the product & development project by keeping centrally global definition in focus
- Capture feedback and identify additional needs from product team / development project for improvements, enhancements, deficiencies, and pain points
- Work on high visibility new product development projects; generation of KPIs and metrics to drive process improvement
- Identify and raise challenges and obstacles within development projects
- Bachelor’s’ degree required in an Engineering discipline, Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a variety of product development environments focused primarily on complex electromechanical-software integrated product architectures used in the regulated industry
- Medical device product development experience and a strong understanding of FDA, ISO, IEC, etc. regulations and standards.
- Training and application in applied statistics; ability to teach and explain practical use of statistical methods in a product development context (Taguchi, DOE, ANOVA, Sample Size Selection, Monte Carlo Simulations, MSA, etc.,), desired.
- Experience in supporting Product Development projects and organizations from concept to launch.
- Ability to evaluate and align DFSS practices with Quality Management System standards and requirements; defend actions
and results under audit if required.
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to develop and deliver training content
- Travel requirement: 20-30%
Working@Global Research & Development (GRD)
Our aim in GRD: Global research. We work together with strong partners and start-ups. An inspiring environment awaits you with the freedom that you need. Over 1200 colleagues from different disciplines work in international teams.
The Bad Homburg site
This is where everything comes together – most of the R&D activities take place at our sites in Schweinfurt and Bad Homburg. In Bad Homburg, medical professionals work side-by-side with software specialists, business economists and engineers in interdisciplinary teams to develop new innovations. The company headquarters is also located in Bad Homburg. A total of 3,500 employees work in different companies at the location.
Contribute to our work and use your knowledge to improve the quality of life of patients. Thanks to our work, dialysis patients can look to the future with confidence today. The demand for modern dialysis processes is increasing globally – for us, this means that we are growing.
Let’s work together: inquisitive and with high demands for quality.
Global Research & Development (GRD)