The Leipzig Heart Digital is a sub-division of the Leipzig Heart Institute with a focus on data science and digital solutions. Being one of the leading research units within Helios Kliniken and Helios Health, the largest hospital provider in Europe, we conduct Digital Clinical Trials and Registries, as well as Academic Research on Predictive Models, thereby generating Real World Evidence mainly in cardiovascular as well as in other diseases.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Specialist for Bio-signal Processing (f/m/d) to grow our young, dynamic and multicultural research team, consisting of data scientists, biostatisticians, physicians, research assistants, and project managers.
What you can expect
- Discover, design and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of health data and signal processing, e.g. ECG signals or Cardiac Imaging.
- Perform explanatory data analyses on Helios as well as external clinical and bio-signal databases.
- Prepare and analyze historical and medical data with the purpose of identifying correlations and patterns.
- Finding, evaluating and providing insight or consulting in new technologies and tools for analyzing bio-signals and producing valuable insights.
- Defining of analytical processes and monitoring of data processing systems.
What you have to offer
- Completed degree in either Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Computational Intelligence, Mathematics, Robotics, Computer Science or relevant professional education or proven experience.
- Solid background in Python or MATLAB, R and SQL.
- Sound experience (3 years minimum) with applied Machine Learning or Deep Learning methods on Digital Signal Processing.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Outsanding problem solving and analytical skills and an ability to formulate a hypothesis.
- Fluent command of the English language.
Apprecieated but not mandatory
- Master’s or PhD in the abovementioned or relevant fields.
- Experience in research with (Bio)signal processing (e.g. ECG or MRI/CT) is a plus.
- Experience with environments like Docker, Git, Tensorflow is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, Watson is a plus.
- Previous experience with academic writing is a plus.
- Knowledge of the German language is a plus.
You can look forward to
- You work in a leading research unit next to the Heart Center Leipzig, one of the biggest research centers for cardiovascular diseases worldwide.
- Growth and learning – Get access to journas, scientific ressources, courses and more, via the Helios Learning Plattform.
- Work-family-friends balance – we listen to our employees’ individual needs and respect their personal time.
- We offer free gym in our premises, company events, Helios Plus Card (free) and Job-Ticket for your transportation.
Now it’s your turn!
Tel. +49 (0) 341 865 251 563
Note: Only applications sent through the official Helios plattform will be considered. If there are further questions, please contact Mr. Konstantinos Mouratis.