IT Auditor Global Internal Audit (m/f/d)
The Role as IT Auditor Global Internal Audit includes the development and maintenance of IT related audit programs and the coordination with other IT departments within global FME. In addition, the IT-AS participates in integrated IT audits supporting financial and operational audits. Furthermore, this position may be involved in support of data analytics and other GIA initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates FME’s IT risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual global Audit Plan;
- Plans and executes global IT audits to identify opportunities where enhancements to internal controls can be cost effectively achieved to meet business needs in the areas of IT infrastructure, systems and applications, security, operations and processes;
- Performs audit work, risk and control assessments to evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which control techniques meet business objectives (confidentiality, integrity, availability) at FME locations around the globe;
- Performs audit procedures to obtain sufficient evidence to support audit observations;
- Review IT general and application controls, such as logical access, change controls, key reports testing, etc.;
- Follow-up on audit observations and initiation of the entire process until implementation evidence is obtained;
- Maintenance of certain audit programs and GIA standards;
- Assist with maintaining the audit tool, support the selection of a new audit tool in the near future;
- Maintenance of dedicated Knowledge Clusters in the GIA Knowledge database related to IT risks;
- Participates as a knowledge resource for other GIA colleagues in matters related to IT (also for internal audit tools) and general systems and controls;
- Develops and maintains outstanding relationships with IT and business stakeholders through open and frequent communication;
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or related field. Attained or in pursuit of CISA, CISM, or other applicable IT audit certification preferred.
- Ideally 3–5 years of work experience in IT audit or business audit/accounting; IT audit experience preferred.
- Must have a CISA or be prepared to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- Ability to transfer IT language and knowledge into business language.
- Knowledge on IT industry standards such as ISO27001, COBIT and ITIL.
- Knowledge on global data protection and security laws.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and execute projects with a minimum supervision under given deadlines.
- Strong analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to work with senior level management in an independent manner.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing and a second European language is preferred (German, Spanish, etc.).
- Detail, deadline oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- A successful candidate should have a healthy appreciation for understanding the value of IT controls and impact on business risks.
- This position requires the ability to travel both domestically and international to FME locations. Travel will range up to 25-30% annually.