Head of IT Procurement (m/f/d)
The head of IT Procurement is a strategic role that continually assesses business needs, financials and the technology vendor market to determine the best options and sources of supply for the organization and to execute programs to deliver such value for the IT function and the business.
The role is responsible for:
- Defining technology sourcing strategies for all IT categories und products, services and solutions aligned to business priorities
- Working closely with stakeholders all over the world to lead major sourcing programs
- Developing and managing a high-performance technology sourcing team responsible for supporting all technology supplier-related and sourcing-related functions
- Keeping abreast of industry trends that have an impact on the technology sourcing strategy, through external advisory services, internal vendor management teams and good working relationships with existing and emerging strategic vendors
- Analysis of technology sourcing market intelligence to understand benchmarking levels and identify new opportunities and threats
- Build out technology sourcing automation and digitalization for effective operations and to showcase to other procurement groups
- Establishing sourcing frameworks that balance cost, risk and speed
- Establishing metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Developing strong relationships across IT and business unit stakeholder groups
- Identifying cost optimization opportunities to free up money for reinvestment into Digital programs
- Sharing IT internal sourcing approaches and tools with likeminded peers in Procurement across all areas of Fresenius
The head must also be an effective change agent, working with senior leadership within the business and IT teams to drive enduring changes to how the organization sources technology.
- Senior Professional with a minimum of 10 years' experience in indirect procurement and sourcing especially in IT
- Experience with relevant systems like Coupa or Ariba, spend analytics tools etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, including team leadership and organizational skills, in a cross-cultural environment in a job with a similar level of responsibility
- Current knowledge of the global technology product and service market and its trends
- Knowledge of the sources of data and analytics to support the development and execution of sourcing strategies
- Excellent in stakeholder and people management at all levels and high service and customer orientation
- A demonstrated ability to achieve superior savings results from leading the technology sourcing team is expected
- Demonstrated ability to create a well-conceptualized, well-socialized and well-executed sourcing strategy
- Strong ability to translate stakeholder requirements into technology sourcing practices and business outcomes
- Outsourcing (including business process outsourcing) is an advantage
- A broad understanding of technology sourcing trends and their potential implications to the business
- Experience leading key negotiation
- Collaborative and oriented to internal customer service
Do you want to work for a company that never stands still? Then we look forward to receiving your application, which should include information on your salary expectations.
Current information on the application process at Fresenius: