Director Global Alliance Management (m/f/d)
Business Unit Generics
- manages external projects resulting from in-licensing transactions or alliance partnerships through development, regulatory, pre-launch and commercialization phases
- leads cross-functional internal and external core project teams to ensure that due diligence and project progress and spending meet pre-defined objectives
- develops, manages, and drives integrated project plans, drives identification and mitigation of issues and risks and facilitates internal and external communications to keep stakeholders informed of commitments, due dates and progress.
- ensures accurate, timely and thorough communication with all stakeholders
- requires bringing together internal and external alliance resources to support new product submissions and launches.
- Manage relationships with alliance partners and contractual obligations of all assigned alliance programs
- Engage internal and external cross-functional teams and partner leaders at all levels to drive assigned projects forward in support of the departmental and business objectives.
- Provide for assigned projects, project management oversight for activities at all phases of the projects. This includes project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and financial controlling.
- Use project management tools to manage timelines, costs, risks and action/decision logs and monitor project progress
- In conjunction with team members, obtain commitment for appropriate resources and champions the projects on day-to-day basis. Develop clear mission and objectives, with identification of issues and risks and contingency planning for all assigned projects.
- Communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization. Develop standard communication platform for recurring project communication and updates.
- Track project milestones, develop recommendations and bring forward key decisions needed from Senior Management in support of the project and business objectives.
- Support in continuously documenting and improving Alliance Management processes and lessons learned
- Serve as primary point of contact for external partners and be able to disseminate project information to internal members as needed.
- Manage meeting logistics to include scheduling, issuing agendas, meeting material preparation, action item identification, and writing minutes.
- Work closely with the core project team to identify and present optimal strategies for the timely completion of project activities.
- Support Senior Director Global Alliance Management objectives.
- For all assigned projects, proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed, or raises conflicts to appropriate management for timely resolution.
- Track project budget and ensure management of financial obligations (milestone, royalties) as per the alliance contracts (supply-, quality-, purchase-, in-licensing- and development agreements etc.).
- On a day-to-day basis, work closely with functional groups such as Portfolio, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Regulatory, Analytical, API, Manufacturing, Product development.
- Contribute towards creating harmonized Global Alliance Management standards, processes and tools for efficient management and communication of Alliance programs.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduated with distinction in a Scientific and/or Business discipline
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively as an interface between internal and external partners
- A minimum of 10 years in Generic / Pharmaceutical Development or Alliance Management role or equivalent
- Proficiency in standard business applications is required, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
Requirements / Knowledge to fulfil the position:
Broad understanding of
- the global generic / pharmaceutical market and industry
- the pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and supply for multiple dosage forms
- basic concepts in corporate finance, supply chain, Regulatory Affairs, and operations
- project management
Ability and willingness
- to read and interpret contracts and agreements
- to participate in meetings/teleconferences with global partners in different time zones
- to travel, domestic / international travel
Soft skills: demonstrated sense of urgency, leadership, ability to manage cross-functions, relationship management, delivery of presentations and communication skills