The Leipzig Heart Digital is a sub-division of the Leipzig Heart Institute with a focus on data science and digital solutions. Being one of the leading research units within Helios Kliniken and Helios Health, the largest hospital provider in Europe, we conduct Digital Clinical Trials and Registries, as well as Academic Research on Predictive Models, thereby generating Real World Evidence mainly in cardiovascular as well as in other diseases.
We are looking for a Data Architect / Machine Learning Specialist (f/m/d) to grow our young, dynamic and multicultural research team, consisting of data scientists, biostatisticians, physicians, research assistants, and project managers.
What you can expect
- Creating, optimizing and processing complex datasets and databases coming from the multiple Helios Big Data environments.
- Discover, design and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing.
- Perform explanatory data analyses.
- Prepare and analyze historical and medical data with the purpose of identifying correlations and patterns.
- Finding, evaluating and providing insight or consulting in new technologies and tools for accumulation of innovative methods for process automation and data insights.
- Defining of analytical processes and monitoring of data processing systems.
- Assist in the development of software for the automation of data processing for the healthcare industry.
What you have to offer
- Completed degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biostatistics (or relevant professional education or proven experience).
- Solid background in Python, R and SQL.
- Sound experience (3 years minimum) in model building, feature engineering and pattern recognition in the field of Machine Learning or Deep Learning.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Outsanding problem solving and analytical skills and an ability to formulate a hypothesis.
- Fluent command of the English language.
Apprecieated but not mandatory
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computetional Intelligence or relevant field.
- Experience with Bio-/Health Informatics and/or (Bio)signal processing (e.g. ECG) is a plus.
- Experience in processing large structured and unstructured datasets in environments like Hadoop, Spark, HIVE is a plus.
- Experience with environments like Docker, Git, Tensorflow is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, Watson is a plus.
- Previous experience with academic writing is a plus.
- Knowledge of the German language is a plus.
You can look forward to
- You work in a leading research unit next to the Heart Center Leipzig, one of the biggest research centers for cardiovascular diseases worldwide.
- Growth and learning – Get access to journas, scientific ressources, courses and more, via the Helios Learning Plattform.
- Work-family-friends balance – we listen to our employees’ individual needs and respect their personal time.
- We offer free gym in our premises, company events, Helios Plus Card (free) and Job-Ticket for your transportation.
Now it’s your turn!
Tel. +49 (0) 341 865 251 563
Note: Only applications sent through the official Helios plattform will be considered. If there are further questions, please contact Mr. Konstantinos Mouratis.