Cloud / DevOps Expert (m/f/d)
This role is about planning, implementing, and managing a modern, efficient and secure cloud-based infrastructure for the global engineering eco-system of FMC. In the context of System Lifecycle Management (SLM) in our international R&D organization, we contribute to the digital transformation towards Digital Twin / Digital Thread based on industry-best-practice technologies and methods.
- Identify requirements to cloud infrastructure in close coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
- Define cloud architecture, solution approach and implement/configure/develop the required cloud environment; test against quality acceptance criteria and release for productive use in close collaboration with application owners.
- Planning of implementation by consideration of timeline and costs
- Follow modern cloud, security, and DevOps practices for a high degree of automation, cybersecurity, and data reproducibility by involving internal and external experts.
- Support day-to-day cloud operation incl. further development and continuous improvement of the cloud environment and migration of the on-prem application to the cloud.
- Contribute to setting up governance, operating model, and change control board (CCD) for cloud infrastructure.
- Support / contribute to alignments of technical (infrastructure) solutions with application owner / technical teams and additional IT responsible (incl. IT developers and infrastructure providers).
- University degree or higher in Engineering (mechanical/electrical/software), IT Management or a combination of above
- 4+ years of related professional experience in an international business environment
- 2+ years of professional experience with cloud infrastructures, cloud computing, DevOps, IT (cloud) architecture, networks, (technical) application management as well as software development experience
- Robust knowledge applying agile development methods, DevOps, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, serverless, cybersecurity
- Expertise in running applications in cloud environments with a high degree of automation ensuring the highest levels of availability, cybersecurity, and integrity of data managed
- Preferably certification on one cloud platform like AWS, Azure, Google
- Digital technology, IoT, IT savviness demonstrated in multiple projects
- Must have: Cloud computing based on AWS, Azure, or Google, cloud architectures and networks, IT operations
- Excellent English skills (oral and written) and willingness to travel globally (10% of the time)
Working@Global Research & Development (GRD)
Our aim in GRD: Global research. We work together with strong partners and start-ups. An inspiring environment awaits you with the freedom that you need. Over 1200 colleagues from different disciplines work in international teams.
The Bad Homburg site
This is where everything comes together – most of the R&D activities take place at our sites in Schweinfurt and Bad Homburg. In Bad Homburg, medical professionals work side-by-side with software specialists, business economists and engineers in interdisciplinary teams to develop new innovations. The company headquarters is also located in Bad Homburg. A total of 3,500 employees work in different companies at the location.
Contribute to our work and use your knowledge to improve the quality of life of patients. Thanks to our work, dialysis patients can look to the future with confidence today. The demand for modern dialysis processes is increasing globally – for us, this means that we are growing.
Let’s work together: inquisitive and with high demands for quality.
Global Research & Development (GRD)