Category Manager (m/f/d) Logistics Services - Temporary until end of July 2022
The Strategic Procurement EMEA Department is responsible for the purchase of goods and services and for the cooperation and alignment between the procurement community, business partners and internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams and suppliers within the EMEA region.
As a "Category Manager (m/f/d) Logistics Services", you will manage and optimize the respective category and its subcategories for the EMEALA region (Europe Middle East Africa & Latin America). You will be part of the procurement team located in Bad Homburg.
Do you enjoy working in an international setting and would like to enhance your career? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
This position is a parental leave substitution and is therefore temporary until the end of July 2022!
- Manage and optimize the category in scope according to category objectives
- Define optimization strategies and potentials and initiate make-or-buy decisions
- Drive the realization of savings and demand bundling to achieve set objectives
- Elaborate and broaden expertise on products, markets and suppliers within the given category
- Monitor the global supplier market in terms of global sourcing/ best value for cost sourcing
- Ensure knowledge exchange with the international procurement community
- Provide market and supplier information
- Build and establish strong internal customer and stakeholder relationship
- Be open to dive into other categories if necessary
- University degree in economics, industrial engineering or similar educational background
- Several years of professional experience in strategic procurement of logistics services within an international setting
- In-depth knowledge of various means of transportation, logistics and warehousing
- Expertise in methods and performance metrics to optimize transportation costs and service
- Sound knowledge of incoterms (DAP, DAT. DDP) and of SAP (MM, BW, SRM)
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Strong communication and project management competence with the ability to communicate across the organization
- High language proficiency in English (written & spoken)